The year 2020 marks a profoundly significant milestone in the history of Self-Realization Fellowship — the 100th anniversary of Paramahansa Yogananda’s arrival in America from his native India, and his founding of Self-Realization Fellowship, the worldwide spiritual organization he established to disseminate his Kriya Yoga teachings. To commemorate this auspicious occasion, we are planning a number of special events throughout 2020. We will post a detailed program at the start of the new year, but following is an outline of many of the major events that will take place in the anniversary year.
January — Birth Anniversary of Paramahansa Yogananda
● A livestreamed inaugural celebration on January 5, 2020, commemorating the birth of Paramahansa Yogananda, led by SRF President Brother Chidananda with monastics at the SRF International Headquarters
● Special all-day meditations on Saturday, January 11, at SRF temples and centers worldwide. Contact your local SRF temple or center.
● Open House events at SRF temples and centers worldwide beginning on Sunday, January 19. Contact your local SRF temple or center.
June — International Day of Yoga
Honoring the “Father of Yoga in the West”
● Participation in the International Day of Yoga on June 21 to represent the Kriya Yoga path of SRF and to honor Paramahansa Yogananda, widely regarded as the “father of yoga in the West”
July/August — SRF World Convocation
● A centennial-themed World Convocation to be held July 26 – August 1
September — Centennial Commemoration Weekend in Boston
● A Centennial Commemoration Weekend September 18 – 20 in Boston, where Paramahansaji first arrived in the West as India’s delegate to the International Congress of Religious Liberals. This celebratory weekend will include a special evening program with Brother Chidananda, group meditations, kirtan, self-guided walking tours to places where Paramahansa Yogananda lectured and frequented, and more.
Click on the image to watch video