The benefits of meditation are multiple. Through regular practice, subtle transformations take place in one’s body, mind, and inmost consciousness. Some of these benefits are experienced right away; others unfold progressively and may take more time to become apparent.
- Inner peace is one of the first fruits of meditation. Along with that come greater clarity, understanding, and guidance from within.
- Meditation brings objectivity and intuitive knowledge of how to address the problems that arise in the course of daily life. It improves one’s concentration and efficiency, and one’s attitude toward work.
- It brings greater harmony and joy to relationships and family life, awakening the capacity to give — and receive — unconditional love.
- It harmonizes the life forces in the body, removing harmful stress and promoting health and vitality.
- Most importantly, it helps to attune one’s consciousness to the Divine, bestowing an unshakable inward happiness and security amidst all circumstances of life.
These results come with sincere effort and by mobilizing the will to continue striving until one finds the ultimate goal in life — ever new bliss and union with God through Self-realization.
The Glendale Temple offers regular group meditation and lecture services that are open to the public — all are welcome.
Group Meditation services are conducted on Sunday and Thursday prior to the regular lecture service and on Friday and Sunday evenings.
10:00am — Meditation
11:00am — Lecture Service
11:00am — Sunday School (Minimum age: 3 years)
6:30–9:30pm — Meditation
6:30pm — Open Meditation
7:30pm — Study Group
7:30pm — Lecture and Prayer Service
7:00pm — Energization Exercises
7:15–9:30pm — Meditation